Amy Winehouse died from excessive alcohol consumption
Amy Winehouse's death was the result of excessive alcohol consumption, a coroner has ruled.
The inquest, which took place yesterday at St Pancras Coroners Court, said that the singer had consumed enough alcohol on the day of her death to render her more than five times over the drink drive limit.
The coroner said: “She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.”
However, toxicology tests had showed “no illegal substances” were present in her body at the time of death. The court also heard that Winehouse had not had a drink in the three weeks to 22 July.
The singer was found dead at her flat in Camden, North London on July 23. She was 27.